Friday, June 24, 2005

To Begin With...

Hello... This being the first posting, I will begin the Dreaming with two poems. In later postings, I will go into thoughts and universal truths. For now, feel free to let me know your own thoughts about these two. Enjoy!!!

My Journey
The door opened slowly for me,
windless day, no visible sign;
Stepped through, playing with time,
while I pondered: was meant to be.
Thus movement forward, anew,
place of belonging, world truth;
Within my grasp, knowledge abide,
I take it in, forever inside.
Joy fills my mind with laughter,
all is perfect, purpose complete;
Each step taken through it,
shines bright my soul, Enlightment.



Ocean of Dreams
I have seen the ocean's roar,
cresting waves upon the shore;
falling rain soothing the sea,
the breeze caressing palm trees.
I have seen the ocean floor,
full of sand from long ago,
left behid by ages past,
silent keeper of what was.
I have seen the changing tide,
hand in hand with father time,
rolling memories from afar,
softly left on top the sand.
I have seen the children's dreams,
washed away and never seen,
lost amid the swells gone by,
parents fail to catch the sight.
I have seen lonely wishes
drifting, only with fishes;
riding for eternity,
'ever dancing with the sea.

4 Comments:

Blogger Franco Esteve said...

Very nice. Good beginning, and I'm glad you finally started. Welcome to the addicting habit of blogging. ;)

More comments to come. Loved the poems.

bFranco

7:33 PM  
Blogger Miguel Juan said...

Thanks bFranco...

4:33 AM  
Blogger NPB said...

Ok, Franco knows how bad of a poem interpreter I am. But... are you talking about the Creator? Its pretty soft and it dances with a low tide shore-like movement.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Miguel Juan said...

Hi Natalia... Thanks for reading the poems... The first one is about my journey through knowledge. I always say that my goal in life is to reach Enlightment; therefore, I listen silently to the world's wisdom and try to absorb it. But as you know, a wise person knows that he/she knows nothing. But I continue, neverending learning.
The second poem is also about experience. Life is beautiful and as you know "it is Happening". As a surfer and lover of nature, I admire all beauty. The poem is just a way of saying that I soak in the beauty of nature and enjoy the pleasure of playing in it. Also, that there is always a balance in things. So you see good and bad. Of course, you can't have one without the other; 'cause how can you say something is beautiful if you have never seen something ugly. Anyway... this are just some more of my thoughts.
I'll post another piece of my mind soon...

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home