Friday, July 22, 2005

Love and Nature

Enjoy these two poems. I will post other thoughts later and not just poetry.
Remember to enjoy them and not over-analyze them. Poems are just written feelings. Read slowly, and maybe, as if by chance, you will feel a word or phrase touch you. Then my job is done and I have touched a soul. Beauty of life travels everywhere and in everything. I am here to experience beauty and love: LIFE.


A Seed in Her Name I Plant

A seed in her name I plant
in the garden of love inside my heart;
every day will it grow strong,
'tll the roots can not be torn.
The morning mist sprinkles the flower;
fresh love, to awake with the sun's early hour;
An afternoon shower cool's the garden's jewel;
affection coming down from heaven's pool.
The moon and the stars welcome the night,
that brings a warm breeze of passion to caress the garden's sight;
The dance continues, no knowledge of time;
winds and petals holding hands to bring the flower life.
The seed has grown into a beautiful rose,
the roots of love hold tight forever more;
its' essence sings lullabies to the soul;
in my heart she found a home.


In Love with Art
In love with art,
I know my nature;
Poetry, music and dance;
A modern-day Bard
'tis what I am.
The seasons guide me;
teachers of my spirituality.
Air, a well of life;
In the spring, it fills my soul.
Summer with its' fire;
the energy giving light.
Dry leaves and rainy days;
the water in autumn, a purifying friend.
Yet winter always appears,
dark and cold as the earth;
I'm ready for rebirth.
Nature is my mistress;
the trees I do respect;
The grove within the forest;
A place to where I rest.
In love with art,
the peace of mind within;
A word of art
'tis what I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home